Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by those awesome bloggers @ The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme is Inspirational Characters.
Now, I'm not going to lie to you. But this took me forever! It might have been how I kept chatting with people on Twitter(most likely) or it might have been because I'm lazy and slow(again, likely), so here's what I came up with:
1. Katniss Everdeen - Katniss is the main character in Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Now I found Suzanne Collins through her Gregor The Overlander books, wait scratch that, my friend on Shelfari, recommended Hunger Games to me and told me that "in the book, the kids fight to their death in an arena." So I'm all, "Well, thanks for that, now I probably won't read it.", but idiot that I am, I went to the library, picked it up and took it home, who knew I would have finished it within the night? And I went on to read Catching Fire and strangled myself a couple of times while waiting for Mockingjay, but Katniss will ALWAYS(ALWAYS) be my hero :)
2. Calla Tor - Calla is from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. It came out last year, and I remember thinking "OMG! Do you see that gorgeous cover?? Even if the book sucks, get it so you can look at the pretty cover!", yeah, crazy person I was! I finished reading it a couple of nights ago. Wait! No, I read it a couple of nights ago because I read the thing in less than a day. And seriously, I'm going to strangle myself waiting for Wolfsbane too!
3. Ashley Hannigan - Ashley is from Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson. I read it today(January 17) and realized that Ashley is almost just like me! Doesn't care what others think of her(helloooo), is sometimes rude and seriously, you'd have to pay me a hundred bucks just to get me in a dress. Not to mention shoes, jewelry, make-up *shudders* Yes, I'm just that weird :P But, now, I'm thinking that I might actually WANT to go to Prom. Better start saving then, the book taught me A LOT. So, she inspired me to go to Prom. Sounds weird.
4. Katie - Katie is from Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I know she was in an abusive relationship, but she got out. I've never been in an abusive relationship, and I hope I'll never be in one. But she's inspiring, because she got out when she could. She knew he'd come after her, but she runaway anyway.
5. Mary Lou - Mary Lou is from Absolutely Normal Chaos by Sharon Creech. To me, she's inspirational because she writes in her journal almost every day and tells whats happening. I've never been able to keep a journal for very long(very suspicious of spies :O) and I've never been able to write every day. Sometimes I just forget. Maybe it's faith, or maybe it's my laziness.
6. Anna - Anna is from My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. My family has had a lot of medical problems in the past. My brother has kidney failure, so I know what it's like to be in the hospital waiting and waiting to make sure your family is safe. Anna made what she thought was a right choice by not giving her sister her kidney, and I think that if my brother needed a kidney, and I was a perfect match, I would hand it over. Not because I don't want the same ending to happen to me, but because it's the right choice. To me anyway.
7. Cammie Morgan - Cammie is from Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy. Ever since I started reading about her, I've wanted to become a spy. No, I'm not ducking in spaces my house, hiding in dark places and watching people walk by. Although that would be kind of amusing. No, your not getting any pictures or videos :P
8. Ever - Ever is from the Immortals series(I'm talking about Blue Moon(book number 2) right now though) by Alyson Noel. In Blue Moon, she was protective and I've grown to be protective of my family and friends now. In fact, I'm probably to the point of annoying them by now.
9. Lena Duchannes - Lena is from Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. From Lena, I've learned that you should be secretive and not tell anyone anything. If you tell them one thing, then your going to end up telling them everything. So go ahead and take your risks!
10. Lennie Walker - Lennie is from The Sky Is Every Where by Jandy Nelson. To me, Lennie has taught me to love, laugh and live while I still can. You can never be sure about something, but you might as well jump head first(metaphorically speaking, of course).
Those are my top ten! I bet I could list more than a few more. So, I want to know, what are YOUR top ten inspirational characters?