MY BLOG IS POSTPONED ON ALL POSTS FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS! SORRY GUYS! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING :)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Review: Beautiful Creatures

Title: Beautiful Creatures
Author: Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
Source: Library
Date Finished: December 11th

Summary Of Book:


There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations.
But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met.
When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything..

Review:
Ok, you know me, I always start my reviews off with rambling on and on about the cover. So, guess what?? Your going to ramble on and on about the cover. Gee, you guys can read my mind. . .Just kidding =) Anyways, the cover is gorgeous. I couldn't figure out what the background was and finally realized(after numbing my brain with possibilities) that it was a tree! Dumb moment for me! I think they did a really good job on the cover of it :) But, I asked some of my family which cover they liked better, Beautiful Creatures OR The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and they all said The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo!! So, what do you guys think, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OR Beautiful Creatures?


















Now for the fun of the review! I think Garcia and Stohl did an excellent job with this book. Very life-like and I read this book literally within a day. I like Lena. I mean, now I'm counting down on my hand until I turn 16! Lots and lots of days though. . .I'm going to need to get a bunch of sharpies :O
I think I have a few things in common with Lena. Although I hate dresses, she and I are a like! I don't care what others think of me & I love writing poems(and reviews :P). Eh, two things we have in common, I thought there was going to be more. . .
I think Ethan was a good name for the boy. But I think I only like the name because my older brother's name is Ethan as well!
(SPOILER) I'm so mad that Macon dies in the end. I mean, he was creepy, but I'm going to miss him in Beautiful Darkness! But, the book was right, you always have to give something in return. Even if you have to give up a loved one, for the love of your life.
Continue reading the series with Beautiful Darkness, or try a new series, Wolves Of Mercy Falls(Shiver, Linger, Forever) by Maggie Stiefvater.

Review Coming Soon:
Undead & Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say, buddy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...