MY BLOG IS POSTPONED ON ALL POSTS FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS! SORRY GUYS! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING :)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: So B. It

Summary(Shelfari's):

You couldn't really tell about Mama's brain just from looking at her, but it was obvious as soon as she spoke. She had a high voice, like a little girl's, and she only knew 23 words. I know this for a fact, because we kept a list of the things Mama said tacked to the inside of the kitchen cabinet. Most of the words were common ones, like good and more and hot, but there was one word only my mother said: soof.
Although she lives an unconventional lifestyle with her mentally disabled mother and their doting neighbor, Bernadette, Heidi has a lucky streak that has a way of pointing her in the right direction. When a mysterious word in her mother's vocabulary begins to haunt her, Heidi's thirst for the truth leads her on a cross–country journey in search of the secrets of her past.

Review:
You know..Sarah Weeks was a new author to me, and yet this book seemed so familiar. I have a family that has more than enough medical problems from kidney failure to heart diseases to whatever else. You name it, someone in my family is bound to have it. I know it's hard to live with someone who has medical problems, but the end still made a tear fall.
I've never met someone who could only say less than 50 words that was under the age of 5. But Heidi's mom was in her 30's or 40's. And she had medical problems that might have driven someone off a roof. Heidi had the patience to help her. Well until soof came along.
That darn camera brought the word soof around more than once. That's of course when you'd go cross country to find out something about your past. I mean, to only know your first name? And that's it about your past? Wouldn't you do all the way across the country just to find out something about you and your mother? I know I would.
*SPOILERS* The past of Heidi kind of sent me spinning. The owner of where Heidi's mother used to live, is her grandfather. And her grandmother was hit by a bus. Then her mother dies. Seriously, I would break down crying because of all that. It would be too much for me to handle. I'd rather close the case on her history and leave it at the bottom of a lake. Anything to be hurting that much. Her whole life changed in the matter of days. Kind of shows you that it's time for you to start living, huh?
If you liked So B. It, you'll love Ida B. by Katherine Hannigan

REVIEW COMING SOON:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say, buddy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...