MY BLOG IS POSTPONED ON ALL POSTS FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS! SORRY GUYS! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING :)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Review: Heartbeat

Title: Heartbeat
Author: Sharon Creech
Source: Library
Date Finished: December 26th, 2010

Summary of Book:

Run run run. That's what twelve-year-old Annie loves to do. When she's barefoot and running, she can hear her heart beating . . . thump- THUMP , thump- THUMP . It's a rhythm that makes sense in a year when everything's shifting: Her mother is pregnant, her grandfather is forgetful, and her best friend, Max, is always moody. Everything changes over time, just like the apple Annie's been assigned to draw. But as she watches and listens, Annie begins to understand the many rhythms of life, and how she fits within them.

Review:
Heartbeat. It's a good title. And I like the apple on the front. I'm afraid since this book was short, that there are going to be spoilers everywhere, so if you haven't read it, I suggest closing the browser for now. Thanks :P
Again, I like the cover, I wish I could show you the back cover as well, because it shows an eaten apple. All that's left is the core. It was really cool!
I'm growing more and more fond of books like this. The ones, that are in a way, like manga. Sure, they aren't comics, but they leave nothing left to talk about BUT what happens. So here goes.
Annie. I'm much like her. I like to run, and run as fast as I can. But I'd love to do track. Unlike her, I'd like to wear shoes(I ain't gonna get my feet cut on glass or something!). And I haven't gotten the experience to have a little brother or sister. I'm the youngest, and sometimes it sucks. But you live with it.
Max. He reminds me of so many of my friends. I'm more like Max than Annie though. I'm moody(a lot), I like wearing shoes(most of the time) and I want to win(always). Doesn't mean I do. But you can't give up after you fall. It's like it never happened at all!
Now you know, I'm also a run-a-holic.
  ☺☺☺

Review Coming Soon:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say, buddy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...