MY BLOG IS POSTPONED ON ALL POSTS FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS! SORRY GUYS! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING :)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Author Interview: Caroline A. Shearer

1) Tell us how you came up with the premise behind your book.

It was definitely a multi-step process. I started first with wanting to write a mystery because that is what I like to read. I’ve been hooked on mysteries pretty much since my first Nancy Drew book in the third grade. I still remember my mom taking me to the library and introducing me to the series! Secondly, I knew I wanted a fun female protagonist. Being single myself, the idea of having her blind date end up dead seemed like the awful kind of irony that perhaps reflected my state of mind at the time!

From there, I was exploring my own spirituality and psychic abilities so I wanted to incorporate that element into the story – she could work the mystery utilizing these extra sensory skills. And that is the way “Dead End Date” stayed for a long time. It wasn’t until the book was mostly written that I decided to draw upon a life-changing moment I’d had and make her a lightworker. From that point on, everything felt right and I knew I’d found the basis for the series I’d been dreaming of writing!

2.) What is a lightworker?

Lightworkers are a type of individual whose purpose is to help humanity, and humanity, like all in the universe, is composed of energy. Lightworkers raise the vibration of the planet simply by being here and also by performing acts of love and kindness. When we think about all that is good within our reality and bring it down to one word, that word is love, and lightworkers are here to teach the world about love.

3.) You have angels in your book. Do you believe in angels?

I believe in guardian angels, and I believe that most people have at least two angels with them at all times. I believe we can call on more angels any time we want, and they will respond immediately. I also have come to understand the real significance of “free will.” We are here to evolve our souls, and as such, we have to ask angels to help us, or they will simply lovingly support us from the background. The exception to this would be in the case of an emergency.

4.) What was the most challenging part of writing Adventures of a Lightworker?

Finishing it! I always kept faith that there was Divine Timing involved, but there were definitely times when it felt like I was working so much – and yes, accomplishing – but yet not really getting there! The amount of work that goes into writing a book is incredible! At the same time, I had to undergo a certain amount of personal transformation to be able to communicate those lessons and messages through my main character, Faith. While she is not me, much of what I have learned and experienced is tangible through her, and that continually pushes me to grow. People who are ready to evolve their souls will find comfort in the character of Faith and will discover guidance from her experiences. People who are not in that phase of their lives will simply find it a fun read. J

I do want to say something about perseverance. A lot of you may be writers out there, but no matter what your dream is, it’s up to you to pursue it. Claim your own personal power, and understand that you, you, you have to believe in it and believe that you can accomplish it. There were many tough times, many times when people questioned my judgment, and many times when I could have decided to turn toward what felt more “safe” -- but I honestly just dug in my heels and said, “Whatever the consequences, I’m prepared. Nothing will dissuade me. This is what I want.” And I went after it.

For those who would like to read “Adventures of a Lightworker: Dead End Date” – you know you do! - it is available in paperback and in Kindle version (which can be downloaded to your computer if you don’t have a Kindle!) via Amazon. You also can listen to me talking more about the series and reading the prologue in two separate YouTube videos. And feel free to “friend” me on Goodreads and “like” my Facebook Fan Page!

It is a fun and eye-opening mystery – I hope you love it! Many blessings to all of you! I sincerely and humbly appreciate every reader!

Blessings, Caroline A. Shearer

Find Caroline on amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Lightworker-Dead-End-Date/dp/0615339328

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say, buddy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...