MY BLOG IS POSTPONED ON ALL POSTS FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS! SORRY GUYS! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING :)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Review: The Sky Is Every Where

SUMMARY:
Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker, bookworm and band geek, plays second clarinet and spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey
dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to center stage of her own life—and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey’s boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie’s own. Joe is the new boy in
town, a transplant from Paris whose nearly magical grin is matched only by his musical talent. For Lennie, they’re the sun and the moon; one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But just like their celestial counterparts, they can’t collide without the whole wide world exploding.

This remarkable debut is perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Francesca Lia Block. Just as much a celebration of love as it is a portrait of loss, Lennie’s struggle to sort her own melody out of the noise around her is always honest, often hilarious, and ultimately unforgettable.

REVIEW:
In my opinion, this book has touched soo many people in a way, it made me just sad to think about. I haven't lost someone important in my life yet, but the time is coming soon, I feel. If you need help coping after someone you love has died, I recommend this book with all my heart. It's truly amazing and a heart-breaker.
The characters were the best! In my head, the characters were real. Nothing non-fiction about them. They were people who lost someone very important in their lives, a sister, a fiancee, a granddaughter. They all were brilliant. Lennie was the perfect narrator! 
I admit I was a little confused at first, but I finished the book in what, 4 hours? It's one of those books you just have to love! Besides, it seems I wasn't the only one who had trouble getting into it, then realizing how special it really was. 
I admit that the story was emotional and guys might not like it, but I think you should give it a shot anyway. Who doesn't deserve one?

Rating for book: ♥♥♥♥♥
Rating for cover: ♥♥♥♥♥

Overall rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Challenges:
200+ Reading Challenge 15/200
Fall Into Reading Challenge 6/20

If you loved this one, you'll love The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.

Is there any other books by Jandy Nelson that I should read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say, buddy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...