MY BLOG IS POSTPONED ON ALL POSTS FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS! SORRY GUYS! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING :)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Review: Mockingjay





SUMMARY:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

REVIEW:
I agree with you guys out there, who said this one isn't as good as the first 2.
At the beginning of Mockingjay, I found myself consistently putting it down. I thought the beginning was boring. But it got better..
When they got back to District 13, I was surprised when Peeta appeared on the TV. I would have acted just like Katniss and be right there with him. The Capitol was feeding his information, and it wasn't right.
I was more into it when they got to the underground, after Boggs died. The way those creatures, hissed Katniss and how slowly, Peeta came back to Katniss. It was perfect. But I was a Gale fan and wanted Katniss & Gale to be together, guess I don't always get my way :P
It's so sad when Finnick dies and Katniss sees a flashback of his life in her head. And when Katniss hides out in Tigris's shop, then listens to Gale's and Peeta's talk.
I almost cry when Prim dies. It's a lot to take in. Everyone dying.
Then when Katniss is supposed to kill Snow, she turns and kills Coin instead. But they both die in the end. So it doesn't matter if she killed her or not.
Overall, I think this book is good but had a rushed ending.

Rating for book: ♥♥♥♥
Rating for cover: ♥♥♥♥
Rating for plot: ♥♥♥♥♥
Rating for characters: ♥♥♥♥

Overall rating: ♥♥♥♥



Series:
Hunger Games Trilogy; book 3

Challenges:
200+ Reading Challenge
Fall Into Reading Challenge

Reading Level Suggested For This Book:

12 and up

Was this book your favorite out of the series? Why or why not?

4 comments:

  1. i've read this and i's good. couldn't put it down. finished in one night actually...
    book: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    cover:<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    plot: (forget what that means...so no answer...sorry)
    characters: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    overall:<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ( :D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Plot means like the storyboard of a book. The events that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was my least favorite, but I still liked it. Thought that there was unnecesary deaths and that Gale wasnt dealt with very well. Plus Katniss never really make a choice.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Some people should I lived. And she never did choose..

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say, buddy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...